Pair perfectly with falafels in a wrap, through pasta or enjoy with crackers and veggie sticks. This dip freezes well and is very versatile for an easy entertaining idea.
By Cassie Heneghan
2 x large eggplants, washed, halved
¼ cup olive oil
1 tbsp flaked salt
1 head of Australian garlic
¼ cup tahini
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp white pepper
1. Preheat a fan forced oven to 160C.
2. In a bowl, toss the eggplants in the oil and salt. Place them cut side down on a large baking tray. It is okay if they are touching. Bake for 40 minutes. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
3. At the same time, wrap up the head of garlic in aluminium foil and place onto the racks in the oven. Cook for 30 minutes.
4. Using a spoon, scoop the eggplant flesh out of the eggplant and into a bowl. Do the same with half of the garlic. You should be able to squeeze the base of each clove and the creamy garlic will burst from the top.
5. Add the tahini, lemon juice, paprika and pepper. Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until it is soon and consistent. If it isn’t coming together, add a teaspoon of boiling water at a time until it becomes smooth and creamy.