These cookies are the perfect treat for yourself or when you have unexpected guests. Keep them in an air tight container and you can enjoy them for up to two weeks – if they last! Make extra dough and keep in the refrigerator for instant cookies for up to 2 months.
By Cassie Heneghan
1 tbsp ground flaxseed meal
2 tbsp water
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup caster sugar
1 tsp maple syrup
1 ¼ cup self raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
250g dark chocolate chips
85g pecans, roughly chopped
smoked sea salt for topping
1. Preheat a fan forced oven to 160C and line a two baking trays with canola oil spray and baking paper.
2. In a bowl, combine flaxseed meal and water and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
3. Using an electric mixer, cream the nuttelex, sugars and maple syrup for 60 seconds on a medium speed.
4. Add the flaxseed and whisk for a further 30 seconds on a medium speed.
5. Add the flour, baking powder, chocolate and pecans and stir until combined. Measure out 2 teaspoon sized balls and sprinkle with a small pinch of smoked sea salt. Place onto the baking tray, 6cm apart and then into the oven to bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown.