This salad is a great lunch or dinner option on its own but teamed up with a spicey curry and some coconut rice, it’s a feast. Try different cabbages to mix up the texture everytime
- 125g dried vermicelli noodles
- 1 cucumber, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/4 wombok (Chinese cabbage), thinly sliced
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped, soaked
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 birds eye chilli, thinly sliced
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1cm piece ginger, minced
- Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 2-3 minutes to soak. Use a fork to separate, drain and set aside.
- To make the dressing, add all dressing ingredients to a sealable jar and shake until smooth, approximately 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, toss together the remaining salad ingredients and drizzle over the dressing.