‘With strawberries at a reasonable price this time of year, try this jam on some toast or stirred through a quick porridge. You can use frozen strawberries if you don’t have access to fresh’
Quick Strawberry and Vanilla Jam
- 300g strawberries, tops removed, diced
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- Rind of 1 lemon
- 1 vanilla bean, split (sliced down the centre)
- Place the strawberries, sugar, lemon rind and vanilla bean into a heavy based 1 litre saucepan. Stir over a low heat until the sugar has dissolved and the strawberries produce a small amount of juice.
- Simmer over a low heat, stirring occassionally. This process should take about 10 minutes.
- Pour jam into a sterilised jam jar and seal the lid. Allow to cool upside down.