With the colder weather closing in, this hearty soup is the perfect cure for your Winter blues. Serve it up with some toastie bread and maybe even a dollop of vegan cream cheese.
Makes 8 serves (entree) or approx 60 shots !
- 3 small onions (cocktail), thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 medium potato, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs mint, leaves only
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 375ml vegetable stock
- 900ml water
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tsp flaked salt
- 125ml coconut cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Place the onion, garlic, fennel, potato, celery, thyme, 1 sprig of mint, pepper, stock and water into a 4 litre pot and allow to simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the peas and salt and allow to simmer for a further 2 minutes. Stir through the coconut cream and blend until smooth, using a stick mixer.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.